Friday, October 17, 2008

the people you love the most are the people that hurt you the most

this one is kinda personal. bear with me....

so, i love my mother. she carried me for 9 1/2 months, went thru labor for an alleged 8+ hrs, nurtured me all the way through, and helped me to no end. i love her.
but now that i'm a man i find that shes having difficulty letting go. and that difficulty is turning her into a controlling, annoying, nagging, discouraging .... i have too much respect to call her a bitch...
granted i may have done somethings to provoke certain elements in her behavior, i can deal with that knowing that i'm on a road to recovery and redemption. and thats evident to all, so this leaves me asking; when is enough, enough? what ever happened to let the punishment fit the crime? i feel like i messed up, and  i deserve some rebuttal to my actions, but when its clear that i've learned from my mistakes, shouldn't there be some ease? why does she feel the need to press issues and make them that much worse? i can't deal.
i know its time for me to go. i'm preparing for a departure from the nest. but my situation is so complicated its so hard for me to make that move, and life here with her just isn't getting any better.
i can't do anything i want to do, because everything i do is disrespectful to HER house. i'm 23 years young and this is no way for a man like me to live. my dad isn't any better, my brother is a pest and i'm going crazy. being home is the last place i ever want to be and its so unfortunate that i have to be here so often.
this blog has no relevance to anything... i just needed to vent.

-C.
P.S: just b/c you love someone does not mean you have to like them at all.

No comments: